- Medical/Life Sciences
Pharmacy: High Quality Translations of Pharmaceutical Documents
Pharmacy is very important to human health. It is a life science which deals with the properties, effect, testing, manufacturing, and distribution of drugs and other medicinal products.
We translate your texts quickly and with high quality!
The Science of Pharmacy
The origins of Western pharmacy date back to ancient times. The Byzantine and Arab cultures had a significant influence on its development. At that time, however, pharmacy was not an independent discipline. It was given this status much later. Thus, it is a relatively young science. The first private pharmaceutical schools emerged during the eighteen century. In the nineteenth century, a course in pharmacy was included in the required mandatory curriculum in the German states. In the twenties of the nineteenth century, medical science separated from chemistry. As a result, private medical schools were established and pharmacy, as we know it today, was born.
Seven Different Disciplines
Modern pharmacy can be divided into seven disciplines:
- Pharmaceutical chemistry is the study of chemical structures and their relationship with the effect, synthesis, properties, stability, and analysis of active ingredients, excipients, and pollutants.
- Pharmaceutical biology combines knowledge of general biology and the use of biological resources such as medicinal plants and drugs for drug development.
- The pharmaceutical technology (formerly known as galenics) is the science of dosage form. It studies the production of tablets, capsules, and juices, among other things, while the focus is on observation of the interaction between the drug and the excipient used.
- Pharmacology and toxicology study normal and disturbed physical and biochemical processes in cells, tissues, and organs, as well as the effect of drugs and toxins on these processes in the human body.
- Clinical pharmacy builds bridges between theory and practice with a focus on the patient.
- Pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomics focuses on the economic aspects of drug use.
- Emergency and disaster pharmacy explores ways and means to ensure drug supply in exceptional situations.
Outside of the German-speaking world, social pharmacy is taught as the eighth discipline. It examines how patients, consumers, physicians, politicians, organizations, associations, and the society as a whole use medicinal products, the inter-relationships between these parties, and how their social, cultural, and economic behavior can be classified.
Wide Range of Applications
In this wide range of disciplines, there are many opportunities to apply pharmaceutical knowledge and the corresponding professional translations. We have a team of native translators with relevant knowledge working for us, so that we can meet your requirements and expectations. Choose your language combination from over 150 languages. We translate drug information leaflets and application software with ease. Terminology management and creation of terminology databases are among the daily tasks of our project managers.
|Talk directly to the expert |
Our expert is ready to answer any questions you may have
Send Erwin an email